Spiders

I've seen at least 6 spiders in my home this week, and that is 6 too many for me! What indoor self insecticide can I use that's baby and pet safe???!!!

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 10:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'm not sure I would look it up online or go to Home depot and ask someone
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 10:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Either you are going to have a hot spell very soon or you are going through one right now. I never used an insecticide. I can't stand the smell of the stuff. I use a shoe or a fly swatter.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• me to!! i just told my husband they are taking over! when you find out a good spider killer let me know!
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 10:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I have used Ortho Home Defense Max for several years now. It works good for us, and we have Black Widows that frequent our front porch and stairs. I haven't seen one in about 3 years since we started using this. It is for indoor and outdoor use, but i usually just apply it to the outdoor perimeter and around windows and doors. I have only used it inside once or twice and that was in my basement when i saw a spider, i freaked and sprayed around the edges of the whole basement lol. But usually just getting the outside perimeter and around the doors and windows good, works great. I don't see any bugs around here anymore. We use to have an orkin contract, but now we use this instead.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I don't mind spiders in the house as being carnivores they eat the other bugs which I do not like . However, there are no poisonous spiders where I live . Our present home has no basement and is the most bug-free house I Ihave ever lived in.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• yeah i have heard good things about ortho too
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Your single best spider control is your vacuum cleaner. Put a little borax or salt in the cannister (or sweep up a little if you have a bag) and sweep EVERYwhere they like to be. Spiders like dark and quiet places. Behind furniture, in closets and cabinets, around large appliances, etc.

Most pesticides that actually work for spiders are also toxic to pets and children ~ unfortunately. I don't like them at all, mostly because I have had several bad reactions and I'm also allergic to benydril. I know they are usually 'good' bugs, but when it's them or me ... they gotta go.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 6, 2011