Is there a dish that you would love to cook but feel intimidated to try?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 10:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Gumbo. Ive wanted to try it ever since I saw the princess and the frog
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 10:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Beef Wellington. I've seen too many overseas episodes of Masterchef (UK/Aus/NZ/etc) where they hold their breath to see if the meat comes out bloody and raw or cooked rare. I'd hate to go through all that work and end up with something that needs to go back in the oven and dry out while it finishes cooking.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:57 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Meatload!! lol. I want to make it soooooo bad and LOVE meatloaf but I am so intimidated to try and scared that it will turn out awful!
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Kay - guaranteed awesome and can't be screwed up meatloaf, courtesy of Alton Brown:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/good-eats-meat-loaf-recipe/index.html

Insanely easy - it's one of those last minute what should we have for dinner recipes in our house.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• lasagna
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Thank you Notpanicking..

Mamawilbur, I make MEAN LEAN lasagna and everyone always LOVE it and my secret is the reading the cooking instructions right on the pasta box..lol
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• haven't really found a recipe that i have scared to try but their have been ones that i couldn't b/c it was so expensive just for the ingredients and when i tried to make substitutes it basically wouldn't be the same meal.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• amberpaiz-- save those special recipes for an anniversary or birthday :)
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• 3mclark, gumbo is SO easy to make, I make it all the time using a weight watchers recipe.

I have always wanted to make osso bucco (No clue if im spelling it right), or beef bourgioun (again no clue on the spelling). I would love to learn how to make real mexican food. I make americanized versions all the time, but owuld love to make my own tortillas one day
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• alot of things soo i eat the same things over and over ... im such a wuss
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2011