I feel really awkward around my boyfriends family any tips to help?

I cant seem to talk with them, even a good morning is awkward for me. I wanna try cuz they r gonna be in my life forever now, but they have already been in my life for over 11 months n its still hard for me.

Hopeful44

Asked by Hopeful44 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• things like this take time. try to relax and talk to them, once you get to know them a lil better eveerything will get a lil easier
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 10:57 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• If you really like hime. Push through it and be nice that what I did ive been married for 8 years and I just started to get along with my inlaws 3 years ago and now we get along great Ive alwasy been very close to my family so that was hard for me but I loved Daniel.
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 10:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• If you dont live with them, try conversating with your boyfriend there until you get comfortable enough to do it alone. Or try little short conversations for now.
    Blueyedgirl311

Answer by Blueyedgirl311 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• well it had started out ok when my bf n i first started dating. then we broke up and were still intimate. his family didnt really bother trying to talk to me anymore. then i got pregnant, n they all started talking to me again. but then i miscarried n i was then given the cold shoulder.. even when my bf n i got back together they wouldnt speak with me. then i got pregnant again and some of the family tries talking to me. but now im cautious n dont want to trust them
    Hopeful44

Comment by Hopeful44 (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• start out slow and work up to more meaningful conversations. Try little coffee dates and if it helps practice things to say to help keep the conversation going. it will get easier
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• some people are cold like that. i don't blame you,but try so they can never say you never talk to them. just be as nice as you can be, doessn't mean you have to tell them everything.sorry for your lose and congrates.good luck
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 11:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Well with my hubs family I will ask them about their children (most people love to talk about their kids or grandkids), or ask about any crafts/hobbies/interests they have. My mil quilts, so I ask her if she is working on anything new, and usually she is and most times she will show me her work in progress. Just be polite, and be yourself.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2011