Labor soon? adult content

I am 38 weeks pregnant, last Thursday I was 2 cm dilated, and 70% effaced. I have been having this yellow snot like discharge, and these twinge like pains. Do you think Labor is soon??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• that's probably your mucus plug
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• yeah!!! good luck mama :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• i am 41 weeks and i just lost mine today. hopefully we both go soon
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 11:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• yep sounds like mucus plug which could take a few days or just minutes to completely lose. when it is completely gone labor usually begins within 24 to 48 hours. Relax and get last minute things done to get ready to meet your little one. Good luck
    momto3again

Answer by momto3again at 11:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Well I have been having this discharge for like a week and a half now, shouldn't it be gone by now?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• It could be an infection. I would get it checked out. Usually your mucus plug is snot like with a tinge of blood or snot like and dark like old blood. Not to say it isn't your mucus plug, but since you said you have had this discharge for so long I would get it checked out. Good luck to you!! Baby will be here very soon :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2011