How do I get my 6yr old to pull out loose teeth?

Her two front teeth are so loose the wiggle like crazy & the two teeth behind them have already broke the gums. I'm thinking I should just take her to the dentist but she'll freak,she's only been for cleanings in the past. Someone told me also that if I don't get her teeth out asap, her permanent teeth will come in crooked. Any advice???

2littlmnstrs

Asked by 2littlmnstrs at 11:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i never heard that they will come in crooked but they will eventually push the loose ones out. But my mom and my sister used to bribe me with age appropriate make-up. After that i had no problem pulling my teeth. i had quite the stash of nail polish!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• take her to the denist
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• ***dentist
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Call your dentist and ask if that's true in the morning - I don't think that's right. They will come out when they are ready. You can't force her to pull with them. My DD is the same way... the teeth will come out when there is nothing holding them in. DON'T pull on them... if they don't come out easy they are NOT ready!! Each time my DD has a super wiggly tooth I put on a sterile glove and lightly pinched the tooth at the gum and her teeth came right out... but it took me a half hour to talk her into it!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• They will come out on thier own if you just leave them. The new ones will push the loose ones out. The only reason they new ones would be crooked is if the old ones weren't loose and there was no room for the new ones.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My son had this happen. The baby tooth was just kinda wiggly and the adult tooth had already grown in behind it. It wasn't crooked and as soon as the baby tooth finally came out it moved into position just fine. He's 7.5 and has 6 adult teeth (I think).
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• i agree with everyone here it will come out when ready. My oldest daughter pulled her top two teeth out way before they were ready and she still hasn't had the grown-up teeth come in yet.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• The permanent teeth are behind the loose ones. Is that normal??

2littlmnstrs

Comment by 2littlmnstrs (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My daughter does not like to pull hers out either. They get so loose, I am afraid she might swallow one at night...They eventually just come out on their own though so don't worry...currently, not a single one swallowed!
    Autumnmoore324

Answer by Autumnmoore324 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My son just had to have his 2 front teeth removed because they were coming in behind them.
    I would take your daughter to the dentist and have them removed.
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 12:18 AM on Jun. 6, 2011