Why does my friend use baby talk

she will be talking normal but all the sudden her voice changes
i don't think its a personality disorder..but it seems like it changes depending on her mood. it only happens when she's happy, does anyone know about anything like this?

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Health

• Who knows....
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i have a friend that does this too and don't know how to approach her about it. It gets embarrassing when we are out in public
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Does she have a baby? I caught myself doing this occasionally when my kids were younger.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• If she has a baby she may not even realize she is talking baby talk. It could be a habit.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• thats a good question rosehawk. my friend did but her daughter is now 10 and she still does it.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• like khloe kardashian? when she does that dumb voice i want to jump into the tv and smack the shit outta her
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 11:57 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• LOL amberpaiz. My kids are 4 and 7.5 and I'll sometimes do it. The kicker for me was about a month ago my hubby and I were out on a date with no kids and as soon as I got out of the car I started reaching for his hand like he was one of our kids. Totally unconscious, but after 7.5 years of having one or more kids in tow it's an unconscious habit now.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2011