Something I've always wondered and I was wondering if any of you had the answer?

I remember when I was still breastfeeding when I would express the stuff went bad really fast,like 3-5 minutes even if it was refrigerated immediately. You would come back 15 minutes or less later and it would smell and taste like pure soap and it wasn't the pump because it even happened with hand expression and bottles that we'd only boiled sterile.

I know that I had a severe oversupply issue and I'd heard that that can cause an imbalance in the sugars(I'll I've got to go on was what I found online and while there is a lot on undersupply there's not much on the opposite problem).

While I really don't think I'll ever go back to nursing I was just wondering if they could be related or what would cause that kind of a problem? I know that quite a few women on here are knowledgable about this kind of thing so I figured I'd ask thanks for any help.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 11:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• i had the same problem and never got any answers either!! it would be so bad that while my kids were feeding on one side the other side was literally pouring out!! And the smell was awful!! i stopped with my first son b/c i thought it might hurt him
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• With my son it did seem to hurt his stomach. I used to spend hours feeding him because he'd just keep throwing it all up in my lap, so I stopped and I don't feel like I'm hurting him because he does have a really sensitive tummy.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2011