When am I supposed to have the gloucose test?

Cause I am at 24 weeks now, and saw my ob/gyn last week and she didnt even mentioned it. I will go back for my 7 month checkup on Dec. 30th.

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Around 26-30 weeks :D I think I had mine at 25 weeks, they did stuff earlier than normal for me (one of the doctors messed up my schedule, lmao).
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• with in the next two weeks. be prepared it can hit you hard. i stayed like i had to in the lab to be observed and had no reaction after about an hour so i was sent home. Several hours later it hit me and I got litterally shaking from too much sugar and dizzy and nausaus. I immediately called my ob who told me even though the reaction was hours later things were sitll ok. Have someone with you in case you don't react there. You don't want to have a reaction driving yourself home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Hey I am 24 weeks too! and I go back for my check up on the 30th! That is when I have to do that glucose test!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I was 28 weeks with my boys and 26 weeks with my dd when i had my glucose check done...With Daniela i failed 1 h test,cuz no one told me i cant eat before that..LOL so i went for 3 h check and i passed;-)
    alee72

Answer by alee72 at 9:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You're supposed to take it at about 28 weeks-30 weeks.
    Be careful though, I took mine the other day and got sooo sick after! The drink is so sugary and sweet, I threw it all up about an hour and a half later, and almost passed out as well.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 9:56 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You are suppose to take it at the start of the third trimester. Although, I have never taken it and refuse to take it because it is pointless.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Standard time is 28 weeks
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 4:53 AM on Dec. 24, 2008