Im worried im gonna be a bad mom

My bf n i found out that we r gonna have a baby. so we decieded to babysit my nephew for experience. but when he was still screaming at one in the morning i couldnt help myself. i was so miserable and upset i started crying, my bf had to come take my nephew so i could compose myself

Hopeful44

Asked by Hopeful44 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• talk to your mom or a aunt
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• That doesn't make you a bad mom. I remember when my first baby was born. Me and my husband had only been married for a year. I was breastfeeding Raegan and my nipples were SO sore. I remember when Raegan fell asleep I sat in the kitchen holding her in my arms just crying and crying. It was about 4 AM. My husband came in and picked her up. He put her in a bassinet and held me while I sobbed. You have your boyfriend. You guys have to support eachother because it WILL be hard. Your gonna be exhausted and your baby is just gonna keep crying. You're gonna feel like it's the end of the world. But it does get better! Just be there for one another. The Lord will take care of you guys! Good luck Momma!
    ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I think we all have those experiences but it doesn't mean you're going to be a bad mom. Kids cry for all sorts of reasons - when your baby cries, either by instinct or learning you'll find out what helps soothes him/her. But be prepared for those times when baby does cry for a while - cause it will happen - but it sounds like your bf will jump in when necessary - that's a sign of a good man/husband/daddy - and the two of you can tag team to get baby settled. Keep practicing with nephew or any other little ones to help you get prepared. GL and congratulations.
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 11:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• so heres something a good friend of mine told me when i was scared of what to expect when i first got pregnant.
    as a parent about 80% of your life is utter choas...the other 20% is pure bliss and joy....you'll probably only remember the 20% when you look back anyone that doesnt agree is lying or really does only remember the blissful 20%. there will be times when you want to run away, times when you think you want to throw them out of the window or jump out yourself this is normal everone feels this way....dont do it. put them in their crib close the door walk away compose yourself...things will be ok. get support from you s.o., friends family etc...youre going to be just fine
    nocode5

Answer by nocode5 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Hugs! As a mom of 3 and someone who has babysat many babies, I can tell you that not all days are 'good' ones, there are some days when the little ones are fussy, and nothing seems to work to calm them down. (my oldest did that with my sis- cried all night when she watched him for the 1st time). I don't know how old your nephew is, he might have been out of sorts because he is used to mom/dad and you were someone different. Babies can sense and pick up on emotions, so if you were getting stressed nephew probably picked up on that and it made him a bit more fussy. You could check around in your area and see if there are parenting or newborn classes available, or go to the library and check out some parenting books. Being a parent is a learn-as-you-go thing, and with your own child you do learn what their different cries/gestures mean and you can tell what they are fussing about or what they want/need.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• There are times that your kid will just cry and no matter what you do, nothing will work. I imagine your nephew was wondering where mom was and nothing but mom would work for him. Don't take it personally....you will be fine!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:54 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• What! No. Thats not going to make you a bad mom. If I hava dollar for every time i cried when my daughter cried. Ill be rich. This is something new to you. The baby will cry. You will cry. Ya'll will both cry together. Being a parent is hard but you will learn as soon as your beautiful bundle of joy comes along. If you need some information, check out parenting books at the library or ask the mothers in your family. You'll be ok.
    ariaautumn08

Answer by ariaautumn08 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Your nephew could have been crying for many reasons! (Tummy ache, being in a strange place) It doesn't make you a bad mom. And when you have your baby, it will be YOUR baby and you will have insight like no other when it comes to your child. Also, you're hormonal from pregnancy! Please don't take this as any indication of the type of parent you'll be! You'll be great, because you care!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2011