Is it wrong to want to keep the pregnancy just between you and your partner?

Hopeful44

Asked by Hopeful44 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• NO, but at some point others are going to figure it out. Relatives might get upset if they hear about it after you actually have the baby! ;o(

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• no it's not rude. it is your business.
    the only time i would consider it wrong is if you live with family members/ roommates and keep that info from them OR if you have a relative/ friend who helps support you financially.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No, it is not wrong, but others might feel a bit hurt that you did not share your good news with them right away.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:21 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I don't think so. You and your partner made the baby. The pregnancy is about the both of you making your family.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:23 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My dh and I didn't tell anyone until I was unable to hide it any longer. I think I was 5.5 months when we told my parents. We'd had a lot of heartaches on our journey to becoming parents and were at the point where we didn't want to deal with telling everyone if this pregnancy didn't stick. No one was upset with us for not telling them sooner. Unless you are a dependant of your parents, you and your partner should do what is best for you.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 12:33 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No way! You'll have to share the news when you can't hide it any more!
    Brayds_Lady

Answer by Brayds_Lady at 12:50 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• A lot of people don't tell at first in case they have a miscarriage- that way they don't have to explain what happened- which I can't really blame people. Luckily we have never had that problem so we always told people pretty soon.
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 12:56 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Nope.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:07 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I waited until after 12 weeks both times, but not telling anyone ever? Hmm. Not sure about that. We could have done that since we don't live near our families. After experiencing being so far away, I'd say it's wrong to not tell family if you know they'd be hurt you didn't share the news, but if they are going to negative in response to the pregnancy, I see no need to tell them.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 8:39 AM on Jun. 7, 2011