Last wensday i fell but didnt land on my stomach,but i did twist my ankle i havent been to the doctor yet and im 15 weeks.Could that hurt the baby if i fall and not land on my stomach?

babygurl146

Asked by babygurl146 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Most likely baby is fine. My brother kicked my so hard directly me my abdomen when I was pregnant with DD that it sent me flying and I fell down hard.

My uterus was bruised and I spotted a little but baby was fine. If you fell and did not even hit your abdomen I would say baby is most likely fine.

I am 15 weeks as well and just had my 3RD OBGYN appointment. I am VERY surprised that you have not had any at all. GET TO A DOCTOR!

Regular check ups are important while pregnant unless you are doing your own prenatal care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• The baby is soooo small and surrounded by so much fluid that you shouldn't worry. Even if you did land on your belly, it'd be like getting punched through a waterbed mattress...no contact with anything hard. Rest easy!

(By the way, I was over 5 months along before seeing anyone. Baby turned out just fine! Take care of your health! )
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:02 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• The baby is probably fine. Yes even if you dont hit your stomach it is possible for the placenta to detach or something else to be wrong. But i would definatly call the doctor or go to the ER your weeks and havent had an ob apt yet? thats not good. to wait early prenatal care is the only way to make sure there are no problems and if there are they could be fixed it caught early. Not seeing a doctor is not worth the risk
    missa321

Answer by missa321 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• yea the baby is probably fine... i was about 3months when i fell gettin out the shower the only problem that had happen was that i broke my pinky toe! lol..
    Alicia0619

Answer by Alicia0619 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2011