My 18 month old daughter currentle sleeps with me how can I get her to sleep in her own bed?

My daughter sleept in her crib since she was born but I let her sleep with me when she turn one because she was scared. Whats an e asy way to put her in her own bed?

hmomr

Asked by hmomr at 8:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get a twin bed and put her in it . lay with her until shes asleep and then go to your bed . then praise her in the morning for sleeping in her bed. also, if you fall asleep, your not stuck cramped in toddler bed or in the floor.
    shannon401

Answer by shannon401 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Be patient and stay strong in what ever method you choose. Children sense when parents will give in. If you truly want her to stay in her own bed then once you place her in, be firm (yet loving) and let her know that this is where she will now sleep. Praise her when she does (I wouldn't bribe though). Sometimes I think it is truly harder on the parent than the child. Be strong!
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Well once she fall's asleep put her in her own bed, she might end up back in your's but you can keep putting her in her's while she's asleep, eventually she'll get it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I have the same problem with my son he always wants to sleep in are bed his 20 months,so i let him go to sleep in are bed and then after a while we put him in his bed but sometime in the middle of the night he wakes up and wants to come back to are bed just keep trying.Well I'm finna get some Bump beds see how that works if he is in a room with his Brother!!
    GermanMom227

Answer by GermanMom227 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2008