"My husband is a pilot.....blah, blah, blah"

Do any of you have "friends" that brag a lot? My DD is friends with a little girl whose mom is a pain! We actually went out of town with them and for every airplane that passed overhead, this mom would point and say, "Look, is that Daddy??" I wanted to say yes, we get it, your husband is a pilot, and no, it isn't him because we just talked to him on the phone and he told you he is in the hotel! If it wasn't that, it was bragging on how she "settled" for the pilot and could've done much "better." WOuldn't it just SUCK if the girls remain friends for ever and I have a LIFETIME of hearing it??
(feeling better now -- thanks:-)

BaileysMom476

Asked by BaileysMom476 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• oh god yes that would be annoying!! i have a friend that brags about how she gets all this special stuff b/c she has a son with special needs. It gets so annoying after hearing it over and over. I think it so annoying tho b/c i have been around her long enough to know that her son does not have what she thinks he has and she just babies him and no one will tell her so!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughter

Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• umm lucky -- I hope those are tears of sadness for me?
    BaileysMom476

Comment by BaileysMom476 (original poster) at 12:30 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Maybe that is just how she deals with the fact that he's not home a lot, and this helps her keep the girls dad in the forefront of the child's mind??

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i know this woman who brags about her hubby and how much he loves her, she has it posted on her facebook . she talks about him constantly, she brags if he buys her a birthday/xmas gift -pretty much everything. i actually distanced myself from her because she is too insecure.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Lol...of course they are hun...I was holding the baby so had to do it one handed...but I had a friend who always bragged about how great her boyfriend was and how much money he spent on her and how he bought her this, that and the other thing...it was SO FREAKING ANNOYING!!!! I've always thought that people who have to brag THAT damn much are probably lying about something...either they are putting extras on how great their life is because it actually sucks or...something..idk...but yeah that would suck ass if you had to deal with this woman for the rest of your life lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Yes!!! In my case it is my dad's brother and wife, they think they are such 'hot stuff' and soooo important cause he is a bigwig for one of the big 3 auto companies and he "knows people". They do the name dropping thing, talk about the latest vacation, their son's new (bigger and more expensive) house, their new cars....... Ugh! They are sooooo phony it is not even funny!!! But then again I am just a 'poor relation' so I would not understand their jet-set, high power lifestyle according to them. (and frankly I would NOT want to live like that anyway!!! I'd rather be "poor" and be a "real" person than be a phony like them!)
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:37 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Crafty -- I get keeping him in the forefront of the child's mind, but NOT IN MINE -- and it seemed more for MY benefit -- especially when the little girl just kinda looked at her like ..... 'ummm, mommy? Didn't we just talk to daddy'??

Lucky -- AMEN SISTA! It would suck! I also agree with your analysis that something must really suck in her life, but really, who cares if daddy is a pilot, if you have persian rugs and a new in-ground pool?? Isn't as though I like her enough to go swimming! lol :-)
    BaileysMom476

Comment by BaileysMom476 (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• MizLee -- I cant stand PHONIES! Really sucks that your is family -- thats a little harder to get rid of:-)
    BaileysMom476

Comment by BaileysMom476 (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• nice to know im not the only one out there with this problem!!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2011