Can anyone help me find a way to deal with my husband being gone?

We've been married for almost 5 months...3 months after the wedding we got stationed in Alaska then come to find out the is being deployed in December! So for the last month he has been gone at schools and training so i haven't gotten to spend hardly any time with him! I've gotten a job that is really stressful and i did that on purpose because i thought it would help take my mind off of him being gone. It's just me here...alone...my children are grown and live almost 4000 miles away! I need something to that will help me with the depression and something that will help me get my mind off of this!!!! So if you have any ideas PLEASE let me know! Thank You

mattswife29

Asked by mattswife29 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• You can quilt? Maybe find out if there is a lodge near by that you can join and go to the meetings. Take classes at a local junior college. Learn a new language.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 1:21 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• You just need to stay busy. I know so many women who just sit at home and cry about their hubby being gone. It is so much easier if you find some good friends to hang out with, find some hobbies, learn something new! Go to the gym, take some classes, I mean, there are tons of options! My husband is getting ready for a year away while my son and I stay overseas by ourselves!! I am not worried about him being gone nearly as much as I am about being in Japan alone, lol. Another thing that always helps me, keeping a countdown or calender of some sort!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:23 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Try new things that you always wanted to do/learn. The parks and recreations in the cities usually have some good classes, or as one of the other moms suggested take classes at a junior college. Also, see if there are places you can volunteer. Volunteering will be a great way to help someone or a cause while keeping yourself busy and you will also meet a lot of nice people.

hugs

Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 1:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• learn to cuss in a foreign language.. that way when you get mad and something slips out your kids will have no idea what your saying lol.. that is my new goal lol..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 1:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I am going through this too. Hugs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jun. 6, 2011