I have a cyst in my hand and it is really aching...

Right now I am putting a cold compress on it, but is there anything else I can do. It does go down, but it has just been swollen for about six days now.
I am going to get it removed but I have to wait until the appointment.

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 2:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Health

• get it removed sister. Though it's palpable and seems to be benign, you should be cautious about your health. :)
    SarahVillaflor

Answer by SarahVillaflor at 2:35 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• What typ eis it? I had a ganglion cyst in my wrist. It would ache and get numb. The surgeon told me the roots were wrapping around my nerves and cutting off sensation. Have it removed. Not much you can do but ice it.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I had mine diagnosed. Instead of surgery (which my friend had done and they cut her wrist to bits & it came back again anyway) I opted this home remedy. It was less painful than my wrist killing me for days and I had several months of relief until the next one came back...I did it again. Call me crazy but....I just like fixing things simply when I can.
    FULL ARTICLE: link: http://www.everydaysnews.com/2011/05/how-to-get-rid-of-a-ganglion-cyst/Home Treatment
    Thеrе аrе several ways tο treat уουr ganglion cyst аt home tο reduce іtѕ size οr remove іt.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 3:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• For Temporary relief though...get yourself some Theragesic, Aspercreme or Icy Hot rub ....I used Theragesic and I did get a couple hours of releif and then re-applied. My DH used to massage it for me...which felt wonderful but was very temporary. It got so bad I coudn't even use that arm and I just kept it by my side. Very frustrating!! I did a little research online and found a way to rid myself of it...and it worked! The very next day I woke up and it was gone. I was AMAZED that it really worked.
    Mine came about after a bad fall where I landed on cement and over-extended my wrists when I caught myself...after that, the trouble began ...the cysts started filling with fluid and it was an aggrevation from that point on. I know how it's hurting you!! It drove me crazy. I couldn't focus on anything except my wrist ACHING and ACHING.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 3:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2011