What if Oprah appointed you her spiritual adviser. And came to you one day and said: "My boyfriend and I are happy to just keep living together, and we're happy to get married, what should we do?" As her spiritual adviser what would you say?

Thanks DK! (inside joke)

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 2:17 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Don't tell Gail. She won't be happy to hear that.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:19 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• First I would wonder what in the world I was doing in that job (not a big Oprah fan) and then I would tell her to get married - can you imagine the ceremony?!?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Well I can't stand oprah so wouldn't be me, but if it was I'ld tell her do whats right for her.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:56 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I would tell her to do whatever made her happy and to ignore everyone else because it's none of their business.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:19 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• you mean the guru needs a guru??
    i'd tell her to do what she wanted to..she has and will, anyway. but on the offchance she decided to have a wedding and reception with the whole white-tented lawn and candles and white flowers everywhere (the best look for an outdoor-evening event, not a racist statement!), that she should hire J-Lo..i hear she makes a great wedding planner. oh, and to save me a big corner piece of cake...there's more frosting!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:21 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I'd tell her to do whatever she and Steadman think is best for them.

I'd also strongly encourage her to get an airtight pre-nup if they do get married.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 8:06 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I'd tell her to follow her heart as it never lies. And if that means they stay together without marriage fine. If that means they get married, fine. Whatever it is that her heart speaks.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• If I was her spiritual advisor, I would tell her to do what makes her and her "boyfriend" happy. Not to worry about what other people thought. To live her life and be happy. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:27 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• As her spiritual adviser I'd tell her Marriage is purely a legal action. There's no spiritual reason for it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I'd tell her to get a pre-nup!!!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2011