Can anyone tell me the difference between AIG and the Auto Industry?

I mean they both need a bailout, why was the auto industry given such a hard time and AIG wasn't. To me if this is taxpayers money shouldn't we have a say so. On how they proceed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think its because AIG is also a bank and politicians are in the pockets of the bank so they do whatever the banks need without such a big hassel as the auto industry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• There really isn't a difference, I don't think EITHER should have been given any sort of bailout--especially considering that within DAYS of the AIG bailout, executive level employees were being pampered at an uber indulgent spa, and the automakers were flying in to DC on their luxury private jets with tin cups in hand!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The only difference I see it that the problem with the automakers has been going on for over a decade, and they still haven't managed to fix it.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The difference is that we the people have been irritated with the first bailout and more people are stamding up saying no now, no time to feel the pulse of Americans was given on the first bailout.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 11:01 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I say what anon says..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• There is no difference. They are both run by greedy bastards who don't know how to run a successful business and neither deserved to be bailed out.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Partly, it's "first to the trough had the best pickings."
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• white collar vs. blue collar

paper pushers (hucksters) vs. manufacturing
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Nothing, They both should have to file chaper 11
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2008