At what age did you talk to your daughter about the birds and the bees?

Did you talk with your son or did your husband?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 2:27 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• My girls are 18 and 14.  It had been an ongoing conversation since they were toddlers.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My daughter is 7 we discuss mild things already
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I have answered her questions all along, but we had a long in depth talk when she was 8 since I know some girls are starting their periods that young. We had one long talk about her period, which I let soak in for a few weeks, and then we talked about sex and how babies are made. Since then we've had ongoing small conversations here and there about things. Sometimes I have to work hard to cover my embarrassment to answer her questions! I talk to my son also, because I knew my ex wouldn't and I didn't feel it was my husband's place.

Answer by missanc at 12:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I say the sooner the better! There are too many babies having babies. I actually know someone who had their 1st child at 13....smh!
    LittlesMom549

Answer by LittlesMom549 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Missanc it was so difficult for me when I was telling my daughter about how to make babies and she asked, "Is that what you and Daddy did?" I gulped really really hard and said yes.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Although my children are 9 and 3, we have age appropriate conversations as we go. I think sometimes when you wait to have one big talk, it's too late!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2011