Do you know anyone who has successfully dated an online person and got married?

My mother seems lonely and I wanted to set her up with an online person, but I am afraid that the people that are on these dating websites are crazy crooks!

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 2:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• About half the people I know.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:38 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I met my husband on a social networking site similar to myspace...we talked on there for a couple of weeks before I gave him my phone number, then we talked on the phone for about 2 months before we met in person...we started dating almost immediatly after that...6 months later we moved in together and we will be celebrating our 1 yr wedding anniversary on the 17th of this month. We've been together 3 years =) We've had our ups and downs just like everyone else but I feel very lucky to have met him...even if it wasnt in the traditional way <3
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:09 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My dad met his wife online.. and honestly I have never seen him happier with someone then with her!!
    lmack6882

Answer by lmack6882 at 3:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I met my husband when I was in college. We talked online on and off for about 5 years. A couple phone calls only because he was in the Philippines. We were not in a serious relationship during that time. Still, when he came to the US he called me and we talked about meeting in person. He admits he handled things very poorly during that time. We finally met in person after lots of daily phone calls. I was a nervous wreck! My mom's cousin tried to meet someone she met online and was murdered! So yeah...you have to be VERY VERY careful!!! I was lucky. We got married over 9 years ago. I also know of 3 others friends who met their husbands online through various dating sites.
    ProudMommaKJL

Answer by ProudMommaKJL at 4:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I met my husband on match and we have been married 5.5 years now. Before that I dated some very nice men who were nice but just not the one. You can weed out the crazies and the guys that have been on there a long time are probably players. I always met the guys for the first date in a very public place and did not give out my address until I knew them better.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 6:47 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• so many!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Yes. One of my friends started chatting w/ a guy on line, they fell in love, got married & have been together for 10+ years now and have 2 beautiful children.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:17 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I only know of 1- she talked to him on Yahoo and then on the phone for about 3 weeks before he came to see her and the day she met him they were married and she moved herself and her kids 1,000 miles away to live with him.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:21 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• One of my best friends found his wife online and they have been married for 9 years. They are so happy and the perfect couple.
    t3dragonflies

Answer by t3dragonflies at 9:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No sorry i dont!
    shepri

Answer by shepri at 10:12 AM on Jun. 6, 2011