Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Certified person/teacher for homeschooling.

Does anyone in here work with a certified person? It's one of the options for Washington State. I've never used that option before and I'm curious what it intells. What does the certified person do? Does he/she help you map out what you are going to teach your kid for the year? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Answer Question

Asked by somuchlove4U at 3:08 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 8 (249 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • My best guess would be for you to contact your local homeschooling group, assuming you have one. I homeschool, but pretty much at the opposite end of the country from you, I'm in SC. Also, you can try to find a certified person, and ask him/her.

    Answer by MedicMommy at 7:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • I haven't worked with a certified person for other than annual testing, but I can recommend the one we use. She's expanding her offerings to include tutoring and such. You can find her at

    Answer by msaraann at 6:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.