Certified person/teacher for homeschooling.

Does anyone in here work with a certified person? It's one of the options for Washington State. I've never used that option before and I'm curious what it intells. What does the certified person do? Does he/she help you map out what you are going to teach your kid for the year? Any info would be great. Thanks!

somuchlove4U

Asked by somuchlove4U at 3:08 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My best guess would be for you to contact your local homeschooling group, assuming you have one. I homeschool, but pretty much at the opposite end of the country from you, I'm in SC. Also, you can try to find a certified person, and ask him/her.
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 7:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I haven't worked with a certified person for other than annual testing, but I can recommend the one we use. She's expanding her offerings to include tutoring and such. You can find her at http://nwuntest.com.
    msaraann

Answer by msaraann at 6:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2011