Should I allow my 19 year old SD who is addicted to heroin in my home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• I would only to get her started on rehab.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I'm with anon. I know I know. But really addicts steal and they aren't clean. Best bet is rehab.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I wouldn't let her come and live in my home. I would allow her in my home as company/visitor. With supervision. That means I wouldn't let her out of my sight. You know stealing and all.

Answer by louise2 at 10:05 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I would not allow ANYONE who is on drugs in my home...........PERIOD!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Its hard for people who don't have that situation to really answer. If SD means sweet daughter, it would be hard for me to imagine turning my daughter back out to the streets in HOPES that she will do what is right and seek rehabilitation (highly UNlikely) and since it is highly unlikely for my love I have for her I would go through the hell to get her clean!  And if SD means something else...well I don't know

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• get her help... my mom knew i was on meth and did nothing didt even bring it up...i quite cold turkey tg. but is hurt she didnt help me.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• your her mom i would let her be there is she agreed with gettin help if you leave her out on the street its just goin to her worse and if you leave it up to her to get help and not help her with it then she might tell you she is goin and not really be. yes i would keep a eye on her when she is in the house. your the only one that can help her. good luck i hope she gets the help she needs
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 10:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Let me add, she lives with her mother. DH and I have gotten her to go to de-tox, she signed out the next day. She does not want help. She knows she is not allowed her if she is high. DH found out some things she has done, and now want her completly out of our lives till she is 100% clean. I disagree with him on this, I think she needs to know we are here for her when she is ready to get help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• SD= step-daughter
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You have to make sure that you are not enabling.
    whohannah

Answer by whohannah at 12:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2008