Has anyone been on a cruise ? was it a good experience?

kitei want to go on a cruise next year, i don't want to get sea sick, do you feel the ship moving even a little bit or does it really feel like a floating city ? i don't want to go and them be stuck out there for a week with motion sickness.

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 3:18 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Travel

• I have been on about 6 or 7 cruises. I only got seasick on one to Burmuda and we ran into a huge storm. The whole ship got seasick. This was very unusual. Other than that time, I never got seasick and I never knew of anyone else getting seasick.
    Cruises are wonderful. Love them. Be sure to enjoy the stops in the different towns and cities.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:29 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I went on a cruise to Mexico with my family when I was like 12 lol.....but I remember it being so much freaking fun...I never got sea sick...I never even felt the ship moving except when it first got going...everyone's tolerance is different though so maybe you could invest in those wristbands that press into your pressure points? I've heard that they work really well...good luck and have fun mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:30 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I've been on one cruise and I was terribly worried about being sick because I get sick in car rides and on ferries. I did get sick on the cruise, the first night was terrible! But after that I was fine. Apparently they just had really bad weather the first night. Honestly, it was a good experience. We took our 13 month old on a five day cruise in the medd and it was incredible and she was surprisingly easy to travel with. However, it was very expensive to go. I think the next cruise we go on, we'll be looking for discount flights and things to make it cheaper.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 9:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I've been on three and won't go again. I did not get seasick but none were worth the money. One failed to tell me it allowed smoking and I'm allergic to smoke. They offered a refund and a flight back home at our first non-U.S. port. They failed to tell me I had to pay for it and they would reimburse me and I had maxxed out my credit card for the cruise. My first one was so bad I tried to sell the story for the next Griswold Family Vacation movie, everything that could have gone wrong did. Now I hear they have so many on board illnesses that I wouldn't risk it again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I love them, you need to buy the bands that prevent motion sickness, they work! Are you going with your kiddos or just you and hubby? I have been on ALOT of cruises, and would be more than happy to give you my opions on what one would be best for you,,,,just watch the bar tab,, lol,, it can sneak up on you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I've never been seasick, but you can feel the ship move while traveling through rough waters and storms.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I was 26 weeks pregnant so I was very worried about it - had everything my midwife said was safe and while I could feel it, after a day or so it was fine, I never felt ill or anything, didn't need any of the seasick stuff I brought along. Now DH on the other hand, who has a gut of steel, goes on boats all the time, struggled when we were in a rocky sea - HE had to go lay down and take anti-nausea meds, lol! I would definitely go again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No. My husband and I both get horrible motion sickness, so we have decided to not chance a possible expensive, miserable vacation.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• 12 so far...love them!!!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

• you can take dramamine for motion sickness. yes, a cruise was a blast. I loved it and thought it was smooooth sailing. I really didn't feel alot of movement because the cruiseliners are so big.
    You'll love it.!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 4:48 AM on Jun. 7, 2011