How long is this going to take??? adult content

Okay so I had my son a week ago by c-section and I still havent had a bowel movement! I've been taking stool softeners, eating lots of fruit, yadda, yadda, yadda and still nothing...I've been passing gas on a regular basis and today it felt like something might finally happen....but nope...what is a normal time period after a c-section for having a bm and omg how bad is it going to hurt when I finally have one??? =o

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 3:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Health

• I've had two babies by c-sec, and both times I do remember it took a while. Long enough that I was pretty worried, but all good. Just be patient and eat well, drink lots of water. (congrats on the new baby!)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 4:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Check with your doctor. My dr wouldn't let me leave the hospital until I had a bm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I had to take Maalox (milk of magnesian, the laxative dose) before I could go, one time was enough and after that I had no problem staying regular.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• lol i dont know ask your doctor see the gp will be best just normally for me i dont have a bowl movement for about 4 dats or something i dont go everyday like your sopposed to i dont know why hmm i should see doc too mabie
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 3:54 AM on Jun. 6, 2011