My s/o and i went hiking yesterday and while on the hike he was ahead of me, unbeknownst to me he took a wrong turn and got lost in the mountains..

when i got to the car he was not there, he called 911 from his cell and they tracked the signal from his phone and he lost signal while talking to the dispatcher, they sent out the rescue team, fire dept, cops, we had a helicopter hovering over the trails for almost 3 hours. he was found , he was ok, but his pride took a bruising lol. i was so relieved and angry. he is so very embarrassed about it. he told me to keep this to ourselves because he doesn't want his buddies at work to find out. i had to say something at least on cm. i will tease him about this forever. bwaahahah..

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 4:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Just like a man to not stop for directions!!! LMAO!!!
    jspencer1014

Answer by jspencer1014 at 4:58 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Thank God he's ok!!!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 5:26 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Scary! This actually happened to me and my family before, minus the 911 call. It was horrible. Glad your SO is ok!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• That would be why you don't hike that far ahead, need to stay together.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:50 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• oh WOW that is scary, glad he is ok & safe.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Thank goodness he is okay!! I can only imagine the teasing that will come from this.... ;-)
    hotfudgesunday

Answer by hotfudgesunday at 8:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• BUMP!
    Scary & funny. Thank goodness hes ok, because it so could have went the other way just as easy. Good lesson to learn for everyone.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:48 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Wow he is lucky.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• This sounds like something that would happen to my DH. I'm glad he's not so likely to go hiking in the mountains!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• thank god he is with u to laugh about it now, well im sure hes not doing 2 much laughing but u can lol
    CandelariaMama

Answer by CandelariaMama at 10:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2011