Would you go back?

If you got a tattoo that bled for 2 days and ended up badly infected would you...
1) Tell the owner of the shop?
2) go back to the same person to fix it once it was finally healed?
3) Would you pay the same person (if you would go back) to fix it?

This is my 4th tattoo and I've never had this problem with any of the others

jspencer1014

Asked by jspencer1014 at 5:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Health

• Go to the doctor & take pictures of it! Definately let the shop owner know! There could be a number of reasons why it got infected & he/she needs to make sure that the equipment is being sterilized properly. i would request that the owner (or head tatoo artist) fix the tattoo at no cost once it is healed. If they are not willing to do that then I would take my documentation of the infected tattoo to the BBB so that the public is aware of their business practices.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 6:54 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Thanks! I've been to the Doctor and am now on two heavy hitting antibiotics. I have been taking pictures everyday to document it. I started just so I could see how it was healing and to compare the first day tattoo to the finished tattoo. I love the BBB idea! I'll have to keep that in mind as this moves forward. Thank you again for your response!
    jspencer1014

Comment by jspencer1014 (original poster) at 7:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• 1) Tell the owner of the shop? YES!!!
    2) go back to the same person to fix it once it was finally healed? NO WAY!!
    3) Would you pay the same person (if you would go back) to fix it? ABSOLUTLY NOT - if I had to go back to the same person no way would I pay them to fix it!!

What shareleann said is also sound advice... I would add that you notify the Board of Health (they licence the shops to open) if they do not resolve it in a satisfactory manor. Good luck

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• go to the Dr and get it looked at. I'd complain to the owner definitely.
    deniseh1973

Answer by deniseh1973 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I think shareleann's answer is spot on. and it is what I would have suggested.
    As for the rest, I would tell the owner, I would NOT go back to the person who did the tat, and I certainly would NOT pay them to fix their mistake
    I'd also ask my doctor if the health dept./osha should be contacted.... cause if it happened to me it might have happened to others too.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:44 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• 1) Tell the owner of the shop?
    DEFINITELY!! 

Oh HELL NO!! 

See answer to #2 ... the shop owner should repair it for free, that would be good business practice ... remind him/her of the value of word of mouth advertising.  

I agree about taking pictures (good that you are) and the BBB is a good idea as well. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2011