Sex while im on my period.... is it okay to still have unprotected sex while im on my period?

me and my fiancee have had period sex before but never unprotected i want to because i think it might help our chances of gettig pregnant but he needs convincing ....

a.begay1037

Asked by a.begay1037 at 5:47 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• If you are already having unprotected sex then I dont see why that would be any different.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:23 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Odds of conceiving while on your period are much lower but it's not unheard of.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 7:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• yeah im aware of that but chanes are with my ovulaation cycle we might have a better chance o concieving if we were to have sex the last few days of my cycle but like i said he still needs convincing...............so i figured who better to turn to then women like me...
    a.begay1037

Comment by a.begay1037 (original poster) at 7:38 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Period sex,hmmm! A woman ovulates 14 days before her period. That is midway between cycles. If u want to pregnant,u should do it then. If u don't then do it during your period. U see when we get our periods,it is the shedding of unfertilized eggs.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• It's perfectly fine to have unprotected sex while you're on your period. It's not going to be any messier than it would be protected. And if you're both actively ttc, then I'm sure you've been together long enough to know that you're both monogamous and disease free. Penises wash off. And his won't fall off if it gets a little messy while having sex.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I was always HAVING my period.I have never been ON my period. You are ON a chair when you sit down. You are ON vacation,. but you are not ON your period. You are HAVING it, like you HAVE a cold.You are never ON a cold.
    OMG...doesn't anyone ever think about what they are saying? Or didn't you takeENGLISH GRAMMAR in school?
    ALSO----it should be "MY fiancee and I..." not "Me and my fiancee ....." OMG.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Holy cow anon, lighten up. I don't think HAVING a period is a reason to pick apart someone's grammar. Some people say that they're ON their period, it's just the way they say it, it's not a matter of grammar or smarts, and honestly, does it really effing matter? Are you HAVING your period right now?? Is that why you've decided to pick at someone for stupid reasons? And why not have the balls to say this without being anon?
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:11 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• oh, anon please! there may be a lot of spelling and grammatical errors that bug me too, but I think you are overdoing it.

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 6, 2011