Anyone else have a messed up digestive system after having a baby?

my daughter is 5 weeks old now. and after i had her i was sevvveerrly constipated for about 2 weeks. and ever since ive been having horrible dierhea. the past 3 days the dierhea has been gone, but i have stomach cramps very often. and if i ever eat anything i have to run to the bathroom about ten minutes later and my stomach will be killing me. so therefore im able to only eat like one light meal a day, sometimes a snack too. and i still feel horrible afterwards. im down to 105lbs now and i was 135 right before i had her. i have an appt in a few days for my 6 week follow up but i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if itll take care of itself over time? im just worried im going to keep losing weight to a dangerous point or something. i was 94lbs before getting pregnant.

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 6:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had something kinda like that....deff tell your ob whats going on..i had sever cramps whenever i ate things too nvr had the dierhea tho and didnt have that bad of consitsipation..it did get better but i forgot to tell my ob but i told my nurse about it but still make sure you tell him or her when you go
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• make a food diary of everything you eat and time it and what reactions you get from eating it take from someone who has ibs, lactose intolerance ,and a sensitive tummy i had problems but i have had them all my life try the diary you may have developed an allergy. it will also help your dr identify the problem
    lillymom828

Answer by lillymom828 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I think it has something to do with having kids...I mean not everyone ends up with something, but when I was pregnant with my 1st son about 4 years ago, I developed IBS and have never gotten over it. It sucks. And from what you described, it sounds like what I have had to deal with every day for the past 4 years lol it's aweful.
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2011