After giving birth how soon can i work out again?

i had my daughter 5 weeks ago? i was just wondering when i could safely start working out again. maining crunches and situps. not lifting or running or anything like that.

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 6:03 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The general is 6 to 8 weeks, but because everyone's birth is different, call your Dr and ask. He or she may have a reason for wanting you to wait. Good luck and congratulations on your new baby!
    jspencer1014

Answer by jspencer1014 at 6:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Listen to your body and start out slow. I started exercising once my bleeding stopped. If it started up again, I took it as a cue to back off and wait another week.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 6:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• U and baby will both be going for a 6 week checkup,I would ask the doctor then. Till then u can take baby for walks in the stroller.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i started at 3 weeks. look up some other ab exercises though because sit ups and crunches work a very VERY small area in the upper abs between the ribcage. pretty much they will not do anything at all
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 6, 2011