Anyone ever file hostile work environment?

I've been seriously considering it. I have a coworker that I can only explain as a bully. She is so bad that prior to working with her I actually have anxiety attacks. My boss knows about all of this and is actually working on writing her up. Unfortunately it is a slow process.

I guess I'm just curious if any of you have been in a similar situation and how did it turn out? What would you do in my situation? Sometimes I feel so stressed out that I worry maybe I'm not thinking rationally.

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 7:07 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• I am dealing with intimidation at my job from a manager. According to him,I can't do anything right!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I used to work for a doctor who was a big jerk!! He would scream at me in front of patients, co-workers, it didn't matter!! It got to the point where I was physically ill from going to work. It was the most miserable 6 months of my life.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:32 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I didn't even know you could do that. i worked at a place for 2 years where everyday I was cussed at by customers several times a day. I di a four person job by myself as well as doing my bosses slack job. Another girl who had a thing for my husband made my life a living hell. I gain 45 lbs and had a nervous break down. I was sick all the time from the stress and it really hurt my marriage because my husband thought I was making things up because it was hard to believe some of the things that were going on. I would have so filed one these had i known i could.
    To answer your question- I would do it. It can only help your bosses case against her.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 8:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2011