Did you think about this when naming your babies?

Never crossed our minds! My friend has two daughters. Her dh is John ans she is Sally. She came up with this combination when naming her daughters her first born is Joanny Sally and her second daughter is Sally Joanny. Don't you think is cute?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Baby Names

• If I was a kid I would hate the fact myself and my sibling had basically the same name. Especially if I was the second. Like I wasn't worth my own original name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I don't think its cute, No.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• That is not cute to me. There are millions of names to choose from for your individual children. Family members already have their last names in common, why not give them a first and middle name that are unique to them? And I think "Joanny" is kinda odd...
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No I don't like it at all. I'm all for useing family names to inspire something new but they are pretty much the same name. IMO
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 8:03 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No I don't think it is cute at all.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:19 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I don't really like the idea of the kids having the same name pretty much... Maybe just one would be cute... I dunno. I'm not a fan of the idea.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Meh. To each their own. There's really no easy variation of my name, and I don't like it enough to name a child after me. (Sara) And as far as Dh... his name is Daniel, and we're not wild about the female version, Danielle. So, we named out daughter after her great grandmothers instead. I'm also not wild about the idea of my kids having essentially the same name. (even if it is flipped around)
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:20 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Personally I think each child should have their own name, not a reversal of their older sibilings. What better way to make a kid feel like they were second best than to give them a recycled name?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Is it long o short a the y sounds like an e?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:58 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Is it Jo-nee or Jo-ann-ee?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Jun. 6, 2011