Need some uplifting advice...

While I was married, I became a bitter person. Kind of bitchy too. I lost a lot of my friends. Now that im divorced, I can't seem to make any new friends(small town). I don't go out, so the bar scene is out of the question. I am a home body and do not have the $ to join Y, or any other club for that matter. My life is wrapped up in my 3 children. All the other moms seem the same way. Im not too outgoing. But I have become extremely depressed lately(lost my job). Any suggestions????

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 10:09 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Try to start a walking club. You know a bunch of you ladies do morning walks or evening walk. That might help make friends.

Answer by louise2 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Are your kids in school or into sports? I have more friends now that my kids are older than I ever had and it is great! All the moms and dads we are friends with have kids the same age and play the same sports and we have alot in common.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Can you volunteer somewhere? Do you go to church?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• oh mommy. CafeMom's Soul Journey is a very good and warm comforting group for every mom's personal private situation. Nonjudgemental friendship is offered easily. I have three kids too and I'm in a rocky marriage. The public library is a great way to be with other ladies of all ages in free book clubs and movie nights at the library and such. It's a source of great interest for us since money is tight. There's also a group in the public called Caring Crafters, don't know in how many states: some groups meet to just do any kind of craft per participant and others gather to knit and crochet for charities. I agree it's not easy to make friends when we're in new situations already having kids too. Remember your own worthiness so your kids grow up with good selfesteem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2008