What do you think ?

There is a recent story around here about a woman who hired a hit man ( who went to the cops) to " get rid of" her daughter's husband who was abusing her and the kids...

Even though she had proof of the abuse, nothing was ever done about it ( and her daughter would go back to him so he wouldnt take the kids) ..

And after this story came out, there was a ton of people who made comments like, " how sad, he is a good guy,he doesnt deserve this, etc"

My question is... do you really think a woman like this deserves to be convicted as badly as other attempted murders ...( I mean yes she broke the law and should be in some trouble) ...

but think about it, if your daugter and grandkids are being abused and you have several pieces of evidence to support this ( one thing was a short video where you clearly see him beating the daughter) , and yet nothing was ever done about it, wouldnt YOU consider taking it into your own hands... ? especially after having your daughter go back to him because she is afriad ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I would consider having him arrested for spousal and child abuse.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:03 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• And getting my daughter some much needed therapy.
    meooma

• I don't know the story, I don't know what is true. I guess it doesn't really matter because she did try to hire someone to kill another. Yes, she deserves what ever punishment is handed to her.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:05 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• She said she tried that but he is a " well known member of society" , she said it has been years of trying to get the law to help and they would basically laugh it off ( they even had a former cop talk about how they didnt believe them ) .... the daughter wouldnt go to the counsiling because the husband told her if she did that meant she had a mental impariment and that means he would get the kids even faster.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:06 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Hi
    This is a touchy topic i would definitely take things into my own hands legally but no one has the right to harm another person, two wrongs don't make a right. I believe she should be in trouble but they should also take the situation into consideration as well. I would file a protective order to have him physically removed from the house for the safety of the children so the daughter would not let him in for fear of losing her children.
    MommysAngels744

Answer by MommysAngels744 at 8:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Wow!!! That is hard when the cops r corrupt! Can the wife and kids go to a shelter?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:30 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Honestly, I would not have hired a hit man, but I might take care of him myself. Abusing my kids is not okay, no matter how old they are.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:37 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Attempted murder is a crime. If she hired a hit man she deserves the same punishment as if the abuser hired a hit man to kill the abused wife. I can sympathize with the situation, but attempted murder is always wrong. I would take the daughter and kids and go into hiding (or help them go into hiding) before I hired someone to kill another person.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 8:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I was in a similar situation. My daughter was raped but didn't report it right away. The police refused to do anything about it. I told them if they didn't, I would. I went to the guys job and had a talk with him and threatened if he ever came near her again, my face would be the last one he ever saw. He wanted to call me to talk about the situation. I called the police and told them I could get them a confession, all they needed was to hook me up with a wire. They quickly went and arrested him. I guess they don't like it when you do their job for them. Hiring a hitman is wrong though. I would protect my children against anything, but it's still taking a life which if you don't pay for here on Earth, you will pay for for eternity. I'm not so sure she deserved to be arrested though, she felt she had no other options since she did try legally first.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• If it were me in that situation, I would not have hired a hit man, I would have made a few phone calls or internet search (not from my phone or computer... so no direct link to me) to see if any of my late Uncle's "business associates" in Chicago were still alive... and see if they knew of someone who would make that problem go away.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2011