Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get the hospital to take off all the bills?

In 2005 I had my first baby c-section. Soon after I started having pain in my left side. I had a Ultrasound, blood work, ct-scan, laproscopy, and colonoscopy. All the test came back normal. I was diagnosed with IBS. I was prescribed bentyl. Still in BAD, BAD pain. My doctor told me to get preg again and the pain might stop. When I found out I was preg I switched hospitals. During c-section2 the dr found my intestines had been nicked during a previous surgery. She fixed the nick. I haven't had any pain for 8 months now. The only other surgery I have had was the c/s in 2005. I was in pain 4-5 days a week for over 2 years!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Health

Answers (8)
  • Get a statement from your doctor that the pain was caused from that. It is mal-practice on the first docs part. Take that statement to them and tell them that if they don't take the charges off you will take them to court for mal-practice. No doctor or medical center wants that against them.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • Get a lawyer and see what can be done that way. Or contact the hopital.

    Answer by louise2 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • See a lawyer and sue for malpractice.

    Answer by gemgem at 10:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • ughh that just put me in pain when i read that!! i'm sorry you had to go through that. but yeah go to the hopsital with that note from the dr and tell them that if they don't want to deal with the problem go straight to the laywer and also sue for emotional distress or something like that because 2 years in pain for that and then all those tests is just ridiculous!!

    Answer by krazyash023 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • get a lawyer!

    Answer by learae at 10:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • op here.. My doctor was out on vacation so c-section#2 was done by another doctor. When I went back to my 6 week app. I asked my doctor if I would have any long term damage from the nick. She had no idea what I was talking about. So She looked it up in my records. The other doctor didn't put the intestinal repair in my records. I DID NOT misunderstand the doctor. After telling me "your intestines was nicked during a previous surgery and they dropped through the nick . That would have caused you allot of pain." She went out of the OR and told my dh the same thing. My friends say its doctors covering for doctors. I don't know if I could get a statement from the first DR. I guess it would be worth a try.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • OP again. I meant to say I don't know if I can get a statement from the DR that done my second c-section. It seems they are covering for the first dr..

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • you NEED to get a lawyer.

    Answer by sarguylas at 3:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.