can i safely lose 5lbs while pregnant?

My only brother's wedding is in two weeks,(my lil boy's the ring bear!) and three weeks ago i started eating better and walking.I was hoping to lose 10lbs and fit into the dress i bought a size smaller than I am right now.well;4 days ago I found out I'm preggers!im not small enough to fit in the dress, and I'm not big enough to have the excuse that im prego,ugh!is it safe for me to try to lose 5 lbs if i eat right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No. You should start any vigourous activity if you havent already been exercising. Get another dress if you can or buy an amazing spanx.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Only if you are eating right and excersizing a normal amount, but not excessively. Just be sure you are taking your prenatals and cutting out all junk food and soda. As long as your body is getting the nutrients it needs for your baby to develop you will be fine. So be sure you are eating your fruits and veggies, grains and meats but cut out all the other crap and you should be fine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i dont think it would be safe get in touch with your doc and let him/her know that you are preggers see what him/her says if they say its ok then sure
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Yes you will be fine I lost 15 pounds at the beginning of this pregnancy and we are both GREAT!! If you do it right like you say eating right and exercising you will be just fine!!! its only 5 lbs not 50
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I lost 20 in the first 5 months of pregnancy with my DS at that point they told me not to loose anymore just to maintain. I was heavy to begin with though. If you are already thin I would check with the o.b. probley fine though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I lost about 10 lbs at the beginning of my pregnancy and didn't gain any of it back until half way through my 2nd trimester. The best thing is to ask your dr because it's different for everyone.
    ashley1208

Answer by ashley1208 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2008