My sil is angry that my niece unfriended her and added me on fb!

My niesce posted a biased pic of her relatives saying that they are the best of the whole family. My brother told my mom how she got slighted and then my mom asked me to confirm if the pic was indeed on fb. It was and then all hell broke loose. I guess my mom had a talk with my niece and she unfriended me assuming that it was me as the tattletale. My brother then called up my niece and told her take me off it was me. So then my niece took him off as well as his wife too! She then added me back on and my sil is so pissed and wants to truth to come out . So in the meantime she acts so cold towards me. Wht a baby she is 56 years old!!!!!!SHe never got added on by ny niece but I did. I never talk to my niece except when it was my anniversary.So what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Eh it will blow over and if they want to hold a grudge over that well then something shiny needs to be shown to them. Distract them... I have my FIL and his gf blocked on my Fb becasue they liked to take everything i said about living inTX as a stab at them and were trying to put a wedge between me and my day old marriage. YEp prettty pathetic. and to Crafty- its not Anons fault. Its Anon venting over people in her FAMILY trying to be Jr. High on FB.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 9:03 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• OMG this is a family fight over FACEBOOK??? You should all delete your accounts b/c you can't handle it!! That's so Jr High.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:46 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No, it is my sil. In fact I block all my relatives on my posts and comments. I love fb, she is very old fashioned and honestly she is the one with the problem no tme. SHe'll get over it...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:52 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• What's the problem with being old-fashioned? Young people seem to think that is some sort of sin against society today. In the olden days we actually had respect for each other, which would include not having a family feud in public (ie facebook) and kept our morals pretty much in check. Old fashioned is not a bad thing but I'm taking it from the pics that were posted they were not too family oriented if you get my drift.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I think I saw this post before, and I'm wondering why you feel your mother was slighted.
    if she was, did anyone ask the niece why she did that?

I wonder if it was a case of assuming too much.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:01 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• She wrote my best and favorite women and it was her maternal grandmother and mom. My mom was always left out of the realtionship with her grandaughter. They went from rags to riches so they are really tacky but with a lot of money due to my sil who does not have children and will throw money at her. WHen my sil gave me 1500 earrings she even got jealous meanwhile they throw 40,000 cars at them . I stay away from them they moved far away it is just the entitlement attitude that she has since she is my niece. I am the aunt and very quiet and stay away from the drama. My mom put the spoiled child in her place and now my sil is still angry about no tbeing put back on her fb friends list. Who cares... She took my husband and my husband could care less.......
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:05 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• your best bet is to not have family on your facebook, believe me they will turn around everything you say and call you or have someone else call you to see if what you write is about them, some people never grow up and look for drama anywhere they can find it,
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:07 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• The niece did that because she is very stuck up and thinks her side of the family is all that. I personally do not care. I do not liek to flaunt my relationships on fb. Just my son and hubby and honestly do not care......it is my other sil who is so upset about to blow up over some fb list. I jsut made not visible to them. I wish I knew about this feature a long time ago....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• You are ALL being childish about this. By even posting your issues here on CM, you are continuing your childish behavior.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• kgrine thank you. I have posted this before and let it go. But my sil continues to badger my mom and even my brother who is married to the stuck one is going on and on about telling everyone what happened.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Jun. 6, 2011