How much do you pay your babysitter per hour?

vduque

Asked by vduque at 12:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I pay mine $8 an hour. Kind of pricey, but she is great!
    momofana82

Answer by momofana82 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I paid mine $10 an hour for two small boys. I think in the area where i live, nobody will go for less than $7.50. I just want to keep her happy because it is hard to find somebody to trust and she is great
    Jandy_chic

Answer by Jandy_chic at 12:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Mine is between $8.00 to $10.00- it sure seems alot considering that I got $5.00 (back in the day). She is a college student but definately worth it for two active boys who are 3 and 6. Hope this helps :)
    himaintaingirl

Answer by himaintaingirl at 12:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We pay ours $100 a week... or $20 a day. The # of hours do not matter.
    vle045

Answer by vle045 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Hi I'm a mom and I watch a little boy full time. I think it depends on a few things like are we talking an occasional babysitter or a care giver? Also what part of the country you live in may determine how much people expect to get paid (more expensive areas= higher pay). If it is a babysitter you are hiring for a few hours $8-10/hour should be sufficient. For a care-giver I don't think you should pay someone more than between min. wage to $7 an hour. It is ridiculous for people to ask for $15 an hour to watch one or two children. On the other hand, it is very demeaning and rude to expect people to work for less than minimum wage, and trust me, you'll get what you pay for. If people only want to pay $3-4 an hour they should look into a daycare center.

I hope that helps!
    savannahlee445

Answer by savannahlee445 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• well in Belize, a baby sitter earns a salary of $75.00 per week, that will be like $1.87 per hr
    mariacarolina

Answer by mariacarolina at 1:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• we're I live babysitters get paid over $10 an hour and that's cheap. A date night could vry well cost $100' s with dinner/drinks, a movie, and gas plus paying the babysitter it's pretty high.
    paula405

Answer by paula405 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I Babysit out of my home and I charge 3 dollars an hour for the little ones.....but I usually do a daily rate of $20.00 a day as long as the day doesnt run over 10 hours.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I live in Texas and from what I hear babysitters usually charge 10-12 per hour for 1-2 kids. I paid our teenage neighbor 10 per hour and she was happy with that (I just have one kid and I was home most of the time, she just watched him while I cooked and cleaned).
    kelly02

Answer by kelly02 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• It depends alot on where you live. Metro Metropolitan areas tend to have a higher demand for babysitters so the going rate can be upwards of $12-$15/hour but in more rural areas it can be as low as $6-$8/hour. Just pay what you think is fair. Since most babysitters are young and not in the work force, it's not like they have much of an idea as to what they should be paid.
    Sky480

Answer by Sky480 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2008