If you are a professional photographer or getting married...

Okay so I have booked three weddings for the month of September/November...Which will also be my 7th and 8th of pregnancy. The clients have booked full day packages (sun up to sun down)...What I am worried about is this: my past two pregnancies, I had what my doctor called "pitting edema" (I am pretty sure I spelled that wrong) which is when your legs and feet (sometimes other limbs) swell so big that any pressure on the skin will make an indent that stays for a few minutes. I will be on my feet ALL day. My question is this...Should I mention anything to the brides that I may need to sit down due to the problem? How do I say it without causing them to worry about getting their pictures? I don't want to worry them or make anyone think I will be the handicaped photographer on their wedding day! Would it bother you as a bride? Or would you be understanding? Personally, I would be okay with it. But I do know people that would just rather try to change photographers...

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 9:12 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn;t say anything unless it happens. Every pregnancy is diff. unless you know this will happen. I would just be open wit them about it. Let them know that their photos will not be compromised you will still get every special shot. If they feel at that time they would rather go with a diff. photographer wish them luck i know it's hard to book a good photographer with such short notice I know I would rather go with the excellent pregnant one who may have to sit down from time to time then settle for a mediocre one who is available. Do you have anyone else that takes photos with you? an assistant or whatever? That would help. Can you take picture while sitting down?

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 9:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• have to be honest ......i would understand if you where honest with me up front but if you didnt tell me and sprung that on me on my wedding day i'd be pissed.....so be honest and tell them
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Well thats what I am thinking about...telling them now or just not saying anything and dealing with it? I do have a few people on hand that i can take with me. But theres one wedding I will travel for that I would have to pay them to do the same...which would drain my earnings. So its a matter of going from being able to pocket the money because I do all my shoots alone- to paying for their help, gas, room and food...:(
    MommaWoods

Comment by MommaWoods (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Well I think you should say something. How would you feel if the pregnant woman you hired for your wedding photo's had complications and you were out a photographer last minute..your wedding would be ruined.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2011