Does your faith need defending?

NO ONE can take your faith from you, unless, it is so weak that it can be crushed by mere words.
NO ONE can take away your basic human right to believe what you wish (which, by the way, is defended by the governing laws of our nation).
NO ONE can force you to believe in something which you do not believe is correct, morally sound, or exists (hence the existence of Atheists).
NO ONE can take your religion away from you, even in THE most oppressed societies (technology has only gone so far, you know? we can't just infiltrate your brain and change your beliefs).

So... when your RIGHT TO PRACTICE is not being challenged (which unfortunately, can't be said about all other beliefs and practices... sadly, the mind set that majority rules is still favored), why do you feel that your faith needs a defense?
Is it not strong enough to stand on it's own?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 9:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Wait a minute. I need more coffee.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 9:26 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• lol... still working on my first cup. I was actually just checking for typos. hehehe late night ;)
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Personally, I don't, I typically avoid religion debate questions. To each their own.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My personal faith does not- but misconceptions about faith in general do need defending in some instances-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:34 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• My faith is strong, misinformation should be corrected.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I don't think my FAITH needs defending. People often confuse FAITH and RELIGION. Some even think they are one in the same and they are not. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• "I don't think my FAITH needs defending. People often confuse FAITH and RELIGION. Some even think they are one in the same and they are not. "

No, they are not. Which is why I did not specify religion. Religious rights are protected in the US, but unfortunately only enforced for the majority groups... Faith, on the other hand, (specifically religious faith) can not be taken from a person. So, I am curious why faith would ever need a defense?
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• but unfortunately only enforced for the majority groups.

Which minority group are you referring to, I am confused by this statement-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:47 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I'm sure you can google the two largest practicing religious groups in the US ;)
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• But which minority religion is not protected and how?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:53 AM on Jun. 6, 2011