Would you allow your kid to be name Aryan?

I have a cousin that named his son Aryan...like the skinhead crazy people. My cousin is blacker than tar and he married a white woman. When we all heard the name we all looked confused and stunner like "did he just say what I think he said?" I asked hom why he said "I'm trying to prove a point"...................that he is insecure? lol

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 9:27 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• You dont prove a racist point with your child. He/she is going to be the one ending up with black eyes in school. It is selfish, weird and mean to do this to an innocent kid.

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• He may be trying to prove a point but all he's doing is locking his kid into a childhood of hell :/ I feel bad for his son- kids are effing cruel & I don't even pretend to think that they'll be any different by time Aryan gets to middle & high school.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 9:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• NOOO!
    Mexish72

Answer by Mexish72 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• the only way hes is locking his kid into childhood of hell is if ADULTS say something which really dont have the right to be mean to a child.. the kids his age wouldnt know anything about it. and to tell you the truth im young and i dont know about it either lol. so not really a name is a name i dont think a lot of people will catch that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I think it is a weird choice, but most people probably won't even realize what it means. I know a little girl named Arion & she's black - I've never heard anyone say anything, but when I met her, it kind surprised me.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Im 27 and I know what it is. My cousin is 50 something and he really know what it is and means so it's like what are you trying to prove? I think the name is stupid really. His son he can name him whatever he wants but it is so out of left field.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Not a name I like or would have chosen......
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:05 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Here we go! People put ethnic labels on names,the name itself does not belong to a race.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• It is not your choice to pick the childs' name,so chill out and accept it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2011