Black girl naming her kids.....! not a question just made me notice how dumb my kids father is lol

this is the STUPIDEST thing i have ever heard.. My kids aunt who is black named her twins Faith and Hope.. Her other two kids have "typical black names".... My kid father (who is blk) called my mom and my mom asked the kids names. Hes said the kids names were weird bc a black woman named them that.. i dont get it.. Its like he thinks just because shes black she needs to name her kids something different that no other mamas came up with lol. His kids are black and white.. Their names? Jordyn-nicole alexandra and isaiah rylan.. when i talk to him im going to ask him why his kids dont have black names since they are also black lol.. am i wrong??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Baby Names

• i think that it's stupid to make a comment about how a name is black or white sounding. i think that faith and hope are good names
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Wow!!! What does it matter , what the names r as long as they r brought up to know their white and black ethnic backgrounds.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I don't think it matters, it goes both ways, some white kids are named "black" names. I'm white, I named my dd Destiny, people told me they thought it was a "black" name. I just really like it. People should be able to choose whatever name they like.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Uhm I dont even know how to answer? How racist I guess is the best way and trust me I dont use the race card often since I believe it is over played, but just wow.

Answer by gemgem at 9:44 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i think in our cetury we aint pay attention to whos' black or who is white ,,it's a shame if ppl still concider that as subject !!!
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 9:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Sounds like the father has an issue with race. Names are a color, they are just names. Maybe he needs to get over his racism?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• LOL,, My son goes to a very mixed school, and in asked me why did I name him something boring (Billy),, He said he would have prefered a very cool name like Rasheem or Davonte (his best friends) I asked what the big deal was because he was named after his grandpa, he informed me that NO ONE else has the name Billy! People are so silly, your Dad needs to appriciate the fact that he has new grandkids, who cares what they are named?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:48 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• o.k. but,it does not matter whose kids they r. I have mixed race kids in my family and the names they have r not spanish or white,they r the names that were picked for them by their parents based on their personalities,not race!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't mind those names they are beautiful and I'm white as a furkin sheet...
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I have met some black girls with the names Faith and Hope and they suited them because of their personalities,not race.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2011