Never Never would i name my kids this, would you?

i met a lady that named her kid happy. The kid was far from happy...when i met the i couldn't tell what sex the kid was.. it had short hair and was wearing unisex clothes.. Her other kid who was a Lil girl was named Strawberry ... At first i thought it was a nick name but nope its her name...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Baby Names

• Wow! Some people come up with some weird names.
    Not the worst though... A lady that went through my friend's line (she works at Tops) was named EntheheatO'passion (no typos). Can you imagine trying to spell/write that and the embarrassment?.. Not to mention having to go to school with that name. She thought it was a joke until she showed her license for the check.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Although they may be 'cute' for young children (I don't think they are!), but can you imagine those same children in school, high school, college, and then at a job....oh my goodness why do people name their children like that. I know this will get downvoted but really people...how would you feel if your name was Happy? Strawberry? Snowy? Fall? Feather? Snappy? honestly.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:16 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No, it seems cute when they are little but I don't think they will appreciate having to explain their names to people their whole life. There are cultural differences though, so unless they are from a place where these types of names aren't so unusual,  I say it's a really bad idea.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I would not name my child that. But, i think they are cute names. People come in every shape & form, we all have different likes & dislikes. I would not find it odd...i would think it's cute for her kids, but not mine.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:56 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Some will do anything to make their child stand out. What they don't stop to think about is would that child want a name like that and that they are special for just who they are and not their name.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I had a teacher whose married name was Happy Hill. Her parents had 5 boys and expected another so they were 'happy' to have a girl. Then there is of course Happy Gilmore.
    I don't personally like the name not Strawberry but there are MUCH worse names out there. (Billclinton, Screwdriver, Fellatio and Condom to name just a few that I have read about.)
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 10:01 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Maybe she liked the movie Happy Gilmore and the cartoon Strawberry Shortcake?

No, I personally would not use those names, but who am I to tell someone what they can or cannot name their own child?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:05 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Sometimes people just don't really have a clue in naming they're kid and they don't think in the long run how it would affect the child when they are older.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:07 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• No I wouldn't and I agree, think of the child as it is growing up and as an adult. I knew a lady named her Daughter Tomorrow. Once her Step-Mom at work said, "Yesterday, Tomorrow went shopping." What a laugh we had, so they should always think of the child, not how badly they want to be a DIFFERENT.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• to this:
    i agree about the job thing. There is a boy who works at the grocery store i go to & his name is "Stoney" when i asked him how he got his name he said "my parents are big hippies"...i had to LOL! The poor kid probably gets a lot of crap....

lololol.... Stoney is the name we will name our next child, if it happens for us.... been TTC for almost 2 yrs now! but our name comes from Stoney LaRue, he's a country singer we ADORE!
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 12:28 PM on Jun. 6, 2011