Have you ever written a list of things to ask the doctor and actually got it out and read what you wanted to ask?

ok so I am going to the doctor for another ultrasound this thursday, but I have so many questions this time around and I know I am not going to remember all of them. But I am embarrassed about writting a list and getting it out to read to the doctor lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I write questions down all the time . I have no memory what so ever ! Dont feel embaressed pregnancy brain is really a true thing. I write stuff down but my doctor sometimes moves so fast i feel like im bothering him. But we cant feel rushed or embarressed because this is important stuff.
    missa321

Answer by missa321 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Yes! I carried a notebook in my purse and wrote down questions when I thought of them. And yes, I got it out in the doc office. I used it mostly for my first couple apps.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Yes & they actually encourage you to do this so you will feel good about your appointment and they can take care of you better if they know about ALL your questions big & small. Its a fantastic idea. Its ok to do that. Congrats.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 10:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I write the list, then normally forget the list..........
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:12 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Yes I write a list all the time. I think they actually suggest you write things down and bring it with you. I feel funny about taking it too, but I do and I read off of it, sometimes he'll even ask if I forgot anything.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• All the time.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I was always making notes with questions to ask the doctor and would forget to ask them. One time I actually pulled it out and went down the list. Your doctor will have no problems with that at all, in fact they would encourage it!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I had to do that when I was pregnant and I still do it sometimes at the pediatrician. They don't mind- they actually like that you are getting your questions answered. I have a terrible memory sometimes, and when the kids are all stuck in the waiting room and then the exam room for a while and getting antsy, it helps to have a reminder on hand.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:18 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• i did and i took it with me , cant do a step without my coloured posi it lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll and i dnt care what doc could think about me , if i need help i just ask .. otherwise no need to go to see a doc ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:29 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Yes. All the time. Same for my kids pediatrician appts.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2011