Yesterday i was itchy everywhere i took benadryl and it didnt really help. Today i woke up and My hands and palms are so itchy. Should i call the doctor? i read some stuff about maybe a kidney problem or liver problem. HELP

missa321

Asked by missa321 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If there's a rash it could be PUPPS, which is uncomfortable, but not serious. If not, it could be nothing... a reaction to a soap or something, or it could be a symptom of cholestasis of pregnancy, which is serious, and sometimes accompanied by pre-eclampsia or other hypertensive conditions.

Call your doctor.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I had that once and it was my nerves and the Dr. put me on meds for the itch, so yes call your Dr. It was my head, feet, hands and it drove me nuts. I was working at the time and it was really hard to concentrate and itch, so he did really get me the relief I needed. I'm not sure if it was zertec at the time or not, bec I still take it now for my allergies. Good luck.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• call your doc but i wouldnt be too concered..i had a sever allergic reaction to bounce dryer sheets and i drank benadryl for 3days b4 i went into the er and they gave me like 4diff perscrpitions and i was taking 13pills a day for like a week
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I actually dont have a rash today. i looked up pupps and it doesnt look anything like that. I have been braking out into weird rashes that may have been pupp i showed the doc and he said take benadryl could be hives from nerves he wasnt worried. but with yesterday and today no rash . Yesterday i was itchy EVERYWHERE and today im just itchy on my hands and palms. I give birth friday and go to the doctors thursday im just worried ( i research too much lol ) about a problem with my liver or kidneys .
    missa321

Comment by missa321 (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Ya i think im going to call the doc and just let him know whats going on . Guess it cant hurt to see what he says. I over react alot . But this is extremely itchy and just weird to me. I figured its been hives from worrying because i actually was seeing little weird hives but like i said today theres no rash on my hands or palms just real itchy . Thank you everyone
    missa321

Comment by missa321 (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I itched with my first one and later in the pregnancy my skin felt weird..especially on my hands and feet...kind of like it was too small or something. It was weird. I didn't have it with my second baby. If you are worried give your doc a call.

Congrats on the new baby!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• If this is cholestasis accompanied by preeclampsia, you need to be seen. I am not a person who tells moms to call the doctor at every little thing, but this could be serious. Definitely call the doctor. Thursday is too far away, and it's your doctor's JOB to put your fears at ease and see you when you need to be seen. Don't worry about irritating them, because this is what they signed up for.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• When I got my gallbladder removed my doctor told me that if I itched a lot that was one of the symptoms of gallstones. I say go to the doctor just in case.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:24 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• look up scabies

They are worse around your hands & in between your fingers. Benedryl will not stop the itching as they are a parasite....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:29 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• thank you Ati 13... @ yourspecialkid my skin on my hands feel weird they have for a long time . They feel like really rough but i also have bad carpal tunnel so thats why they feel weird i guess.
    missa321

Comment by missa321 (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2011