Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

How would you handle this?

If your best friend's ex was a psychotic mess whose only goal in life is to destoy your best friend. They have a child together and the ex just tries everything in the book to get your best friend charged with things like child abuse, molestation, etc just so they can have full-custody and child support. Your best friend asks you to watch her child, but your best friend's ex has a history of stirring up trouble for people that are associated with her and could possibly bring trouble to your family. How would you handle this if you didn't feel comfortable?


Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (14)
  • I wouldn't do it, I love my best friend but my kids come before ANYONE else, period.

    Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • I would just tell her that you really don't want to be in the middle of all of this and leave it at that.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • Ummm...if she's your "best friend" then you are already associated with her, right? Honestly, for my "best friend," it would not stop me.

    Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • I would watch the child for her. And if he came over and stirred up trouble, I would call the cops. Maybe he would get in more trouble than if he was harrassing her. Plus my fiance would prob kill him if he came near me, lol.

    Answer by Shanna84 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • I have. She simply said she might make up issues and that's what I really don't want. Some psychotic making up issues just to get me or my friend in trouble.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • always b honest especially with ur best friend if shes truly ur best friend she will understand completely always look out for ur number 1 thats ur family good luck its gonna b a hard conversation but u will feel better after talkin to her

    Answer by CandelariaMama at 10:26 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • I assume your friend is aware of her husband's actions? My first inclination would be to talk to your friends and tell her exactly how you feel. If she is already aware of her husband's actions, then she will understand If you don't feel that is an option, has the husband ever done anything to put their child in danger? If so, then I think I would let CPS know. Your friend and their child may be in danger and someone needs to be made aware of it. If he has tried everything in the book to get you friend charged with child abuse, molestation, or whatever, then there has to be a record of it with either the police department or CPS. I would not keep this silent by any means. Someone needs to be made aware of the situation before something goes horribly wrong. But, I would definitely talk to your friend and be honest. She could be putting you in jeopardy as well, and you need to tell her the truth!

    Answer by Lynda-Lou at 10:27 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • Do you mean for an evening or full-time daycare? I think you could watch him once in awhile, as long as you were very clear with her that you did not want him to know,,

    Answer by kimigogo at 10:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • WHat if it were your room mate that your hsuband is good friends with but his ex is the psychotic mess?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • I was using full discretion when I posted this question for privacy, but I'm just worried about what she could possible do to screw him and us over.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2011