Any ideas about saving money on fresh produce?

There was a coupon this week on coupons.com for 1.25 off two pineapples. We LOVE pineapple so I scooped it up, but does any one know of any coupons off other fresh veggies?? I've already e-mailed some companies and received no response/sorry from them!

jteffs

Asked by jteffs at 10:24 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• We also have a vegetable garden in our yard, we grow cucumbers, 3 typs of tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, acorn squash, jalapenos, red, green and orange peppers, cauliflower, pumpkins and brussels sprouts...if you don't have the room to do all that you can certainly grow tomatoes and peppers and herbs in pots on your deck or patio.

Watch the store circular for sales. I plan my menu for the week based on what's on sale. GL!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I've found that local farm stands are much cheaper than the grocery store...for instance, I just got 2 5oz "clam shell" salad greens for $2.50 each at a local farm stand, the cheapest at the grocery store is $3.50. Do you have any farmer's markets or little farm stands by you?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Coupons for fresh produce are rare and far between. Watch sales, buy in season, grow your own. Farmers markets are sometimes cheaper so check some out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• We don't have any farmers markets unfortunately! I Wish we did!!
    jteffs

Comment by jteffs (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Your best bet is to find savings in other areas so that you can spend the extra on fresh produce. And if you have any roadside stands, stop and get in season produce there. Sometimes those are off the beaten bath.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Sometimes our store will have a section for veggies "one their way out" they don't have much self life left but are just fine, you can freeze some if needed or use it the next 2-3 days for dinner. Also just buy when its on sale and you will sav a lot!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2011