how long does it take to get unmad with cheating soon to be exhusband?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• The bible talks about forgiveness. I dont think it sugests it to make us nice or holier than thou, but to help us heal. If he's a jerk enough to cheat he wont care if you hold a grudge. You just eat away at yourself and further relationships. You wont ever forget. It's 10 years after the fact when I do think about the idiot I feel so lucky for moving on.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• it all depends on you
    Anonymous

• It took me 3 years, but it depends on how long you want to continue to hurt and carry around that anomosity. It wasn't easy for me to forgive and I never forgot, but I was tired and felt like I was losing me in the process
    Anonymous

• I'm reading a GREAT book about that called How to Fall Out Of Love by Dr. Debora Phillips. It's a quick and easy read and you can start making changes immediately in how you feel about things so you can get over the anger. She uses behavior therapy (replace one behavior with another). SIMPLE exercises and according to the book you can get over this in a matter of weeks. Your library might have it or it's on www.abebooks.com for $1.00 plus shipping. It has a lot more to offer as well but once you get over the anger the rest is a lot easier anyway!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• if he is gonna be your ex, then obviously yall are gonna go separate ways.

the only people getting hurt by your harboring anger are you and your kids.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• It may take years, honey.... Honestly, it may take some time and counseling for you to get through this difficult time... And if you have children you are connected to him forever through those kids. I hope he made a good bed to lay in, sounds like he is in for a rough ride...
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 1:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• kick his ass and see if that makes you feel better. and get tested for std's.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• It's up to you how long it take's, you are in control of you remember that,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2008