Manners , Spoiled?

Ok so me and my boyfriend of 3 years have a 11 month old son. He also has a 8 year old daughter from a previous marriage. We get her every other day and every other weekend. He plays a huge role in her life! I love her to death but she is starting be to a BRAT. She wants EVERYTHING. This x-mas my boyfriend is insisting that we get her a flat screen for her room. She has has NO manners. We will be eating dinner and she will burp or let out gas and instead of saying excuse me, her and her dad will laugh about it! It drives me nuts. Her and I are very close because her mother isn't very " motherly". She cares more about herself than anyone else. How do I help this girl? She needs to learn manners and learn that money doenst come from trees! For her 6th birthday, she wanted CHEESECAKE FACTORY... most kids want chuck e cheese!!! LOL

nat1981

Asked by nat1981 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You need to spend girl time with her. This is the only way you can help her, not with her dad, he seems to be the problem. Take her out to eat at a nice place and show her how people use their manners.
    Tell him about the T.V that it is not good to have in a kids room because they will never come out of their room and what she needs and you all need is family time.
    Sound that you need to get books or magazines about kids and what is best for them and put them in the bathroom, so when he goes in there he can pick them up and read. Again just spend one on one with her. And also when she does burps and farts tell her to say excuse me and do it with a smile. Also give gifts for the poor, have her give her own old toys for kids who may not get any for Christmas. be bitchy. You can do a lot with hugs and kisses, it works with kids and our men.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Dude.

You and your BF need to be on the same page but it is not your place to say what she gets for Christmas - that is between her, her parents, and Santa.

And if Santa has the SENSE GOD GAVE A SQUIRREL, he would give the girl a good book and tell her that flat screens are for GROWN UPS.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 10:40 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I would never allow my child to have a TV in their room
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You can do a lot to help her, just do it! do not wait for your boy friend to do anything. You are a mom, we have a lot of power we just need to use it. And do not
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• ooops above is" DO NOT be bitchy." sorry
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:00 AM on Dec. 10, 2008