marina iud..moved..

hey well i been freaking out since last night...when my son was born i went back immediatly to my doctor for my birth control and i decided to get the marina iud.. its been about a year since i have it but yesterday i was in the bathroom and i felt something like pooking me down there so i checked what it was and the strings are coming out..but the whole point of me freaking out is because me and my boyfriend had sex 5day ago and i heard that if it moved and i had sex 5dayz ago i could get pregnant..is it true..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If indeed the mirena has been moved and isn't in the correct position, and you had sex, it is very possible you could be pregnant. I would call your gyno immediatly so set up an appt to see if it has come out of correct position.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You need to see your dr NOW!! If you are pregnant, the IUD can cause serious complications in the pregnancy, and baby.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 11:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• my gyno told me it was ok if you could feel the strings. some gyno's don't cut them as short as others do. i would still go get checked just to be sure!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 11:18 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• yeah there is risk of eptopic pregnancy with Mirena.
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 11:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i have mirena and did u mean you could feel the strings inside or youcould feel them actullty on the outside of u? but def go see your doctor,..an iud can cause serois problems if youre pregant
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• This actually just happened to me. I could feel the strings outside of me, then it seemed to go back into place.A few days later something was poking me and I felt and the Mirena was actually upside down, so I called the doctor and she said it was ok to pull it out. I am just waiting to see if i'm pregnant or not too.
    Anonymous