A pretentious baby?

so i have this friend on FB who cant seem to find the right guy for herself but while she was with this one guy, she told me that she may be pregnant so she was going to find out and i can put on a baby shower for her. She ended up not being pregnant but it wasnt the end of the world for her either.

Now she's done with the above guy and has moved on to another guy and months later she comes to me to say " i may be pregnant but idk for sure, even my man thinks my behavior is a little strange..ive aten oatmeal with a pickle this morning and for lunch it was yogurt with a pickle." so i said "ok but you should look for other signs too." She said "like?" i would think she would of known what else but at the least, i told her "tender breasts for now but thats all i can think of." of course there's wieght gain and many other things but thats all she had mentioned- a pickle.

Now i know she may just be trying with all her dates to have a baby eventually without a sign of commitment but its just fishy to me that she keeps mentioning a baby every time i talk to her even though she does let me know she isnt pregnant.

what do you think?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I have a friend like this too. She has a 3 year old already which to me makes it worse the way she's with someone, and then another, and then another. She doesn't just date either, she lets them stay over or she'll take her daughter with her to their house. I hate even reading her FB because it's always about how much she "loves" whatever guy she is with or how much she hates everything else. I can usually tell how her relationships are going just by reading her statuses. I keep in touch with her but i don't go out of my way for her, because I just can't keep up with the constant change. Her daughter must be so confused all the time :( I would say it's just an attention thing or even paranoia, but that's only information gathered from a personal experience with someone similar.

DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• That's just stupid. Cravings don't happen at week 3 and she's obviously looking for attention from any one who will give it to her.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 10:38 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Sounds like a drama queen. Haha!!! I ate a pickle and yogurt, I must be pregnant! If I were you, I probably would have laughed.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• And by the way...I'm not sure what you meant to say, but pretentious baby doesn't make sense at all. Pretentious means stuck up or snotty.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 10:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I think you need to advise her to keep her legs closed or get on birth contorl,, she doesn't even know if she is pregnant and asking you to host a shower,, seems like she is trying to "trap" a man,,,UGGGH! I think you need a different friend.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I feel sorry for the baby she may one day bring into this world and sorry for the dumb ass man that falls for her line of BS. It's women like this that end up pregnant with a dead beat dad and start causing baby-mama-drama. Why does she want that! As her friend I think you should encourage her to be strong on her own and love herself first, before she decides to have a baby. Maybe explain your own stress and cost from becoming a mother with her. I hope someone can knock some sense into your friend before she involves an innocent child in her drama.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 10:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I think she is just making sure that whenever she finally does get pregnant you will put on a baby shower for her. Maybe you could mention the pregnancy test now available at almost every store,
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• some people think they are pregnant all the time.

Could be that your friend is just ignorant when it comes to the subject. She may be trying to get pregnant, but perhaps she's just not using effective birth control due to lack of knowledge.
    I had a friend who was in her late 30s who thought the the only birth control was condoms! Another that thought it was impossible to get pregnant if you used the pull out method. But then she also thought that it was impossible to get pregnant the first time too.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• I think she's the Total Idiot Package. The "Am I Pregnant" Idiot. The "Babies Are Darling Accessories" Idiot. The "Knocked Up Equals Happy Marriage" Idiot. And of course, the "Look At Me, Look At Me!" Idiot.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• oh ok well other terms i meant is "fake" "invisible" and maybe "make believe"
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2011