Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh no no no no no!

My roommate wants to move in her pothead she calls a boyfriend. I wanna say no, but I'm too nice to say no... I don't want his crap in my apartment I have enough of those in the neighborhood. I don't want my kid to fall on his weed and eat it, if it ever happens he's dead. But still don't like him, he's not welcome in my apartment at all. I'm not too excited when my friends bring drugs in my apartment and I would DIE if a drug user moved in.
Question is, am I allowed to refuse him to come live with us?

Answer Question

Asked by SamJ321 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

Level 14 (1,545 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Yes. But be prepared that she may choose her boyfriend over her friend at which point you and your child will need to find other living arrangements. I would be making those plans anyway.

    Answer by meooma at 10:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • Whose name is on the lease? I would say no since I wouldn't want my child around that. Best of Luck!

    Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • Hell yeah you can refuse, you should refuse! He's not on the lease, he can't live there.

    Answer by Shanna84 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • Only my name and my roommates name are on the lease

    Comment by SamJ321 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • Yes of course you are allowed. I would let her know if he moves in you wont be paying rent until you find a new place of your own.

    Answer by gemgem at 10:56 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • You can absolutely refuse and you should!

    Answer by NannyB. at 11:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • He cannot move in with out your approval as your name is on the lease as well as the roommates. As for the drugs- you do know that if you KNOW there are drugs in your apartment with your child present, your could be in a world of trouble if someone decided to declare you unfit.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

  • I wouldn't because he may cause your apartment to get raid. You are risking your kids being taken by CPS,you are taking a chance withhim moving in. She is not a good friend if she allows him to bring drugs in the house around your kids.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 7:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.